Sunday, November 11, 2012

Review: Magic Hour Part 2

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, Haven, has the best recaps of any series I watch. “Magic Hour (Part 2)” started off with a handy recap of last week’s episode that made it easy to jump right into the second half of this story line even if you had missed the crazy cliffhanger last week. Even if I remember exactly what happened in the week before, these recaps really help to get the emotional setting into place especially when we’re talking about opening a scene with everyone standing around Nathan’s dead body.

Nathan spent most of this episode as a limp body. I think that most of us anticipated that Noelle and/or Moira would play an important role in bringing Nathan back from the dead, but I didn’t expect that Audrey and Duke would find Noelle and Moira right away only to have them not be able to help Nathan until the very end of the episode. 

Going into this episode, I had convinced myself that there was no way that Haven would kill off Nathan, but the way the second half of this story progressed, I was constantly doubting my conviction. There was a whole new level of suspense tied to the permanence of Nathan’s death since Noelle was out and Moira wasn’t Troubled. I had never seen Audrey attempt to forcibly activate a Trouble before and Moira’s character presented a challenge to Audrey’s plan. 

Keep reading at TV Equals

No comments:

Post a Comment