Sunday, November 18, 2012

Review: The Time Space Continuum

WARNING: This review contains spoilers

Yippee!!! I get to say time space continuum.

Of course, I normally say space time continuum, but Nathan chose the phrasing, and I'll follow his lead. After hearing a lot about "Sarah," she was finally introduced to us when a Troubled man spotted Duke and Nathan, who he recognized from the past... in 1955. We had a genuine time loop that seemed to keep Sarah in Haven to help the Troubled.

Her first case? Returning Duke and Nathan to 2012.


Present or Past
 
Holy moly what a fantastic premise. I knew the episode was going to feature Duke and Nathan going back in time, but the changes it made to the future and both of them running into their relatives in the past were amazingly well done. Emily Rose completely changed to be Sarah. From the inflection of her voice to the mannerisms, the transformation was incredible.

It was an emotional roller coaster, watching Duke get to know the grandfather he had never met while trying to save his life. Nathan also ran into Chief Wuornos as a little boy playing policeman, while Audrey was visited by him as his old self, alive and kicking, in a Haven that had been radically altered due to the rift in time. It's not very often I get teary eyed watching Haven, but I found myself wiping my eyes more than once during "Sarah."


If anything, there are more questions after this episode than there were going into it. We all had our hopes that maybe Nathan and Sarah would find they way into each other's arms (and other parts) to create The Colorado Kid, and unless they cut some scenes and held out on us, I don't think Nathan and Sarah got past first base. I dare say Nathan's chemistry with Sarah was deeper than what he has with Audrey. Before you get bent out of shape, check out my reasoning.

Keep reading at TV Fanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment